2023 Austin Trail of Lights: FUN RUN - Saturday 12/2/23
Saturday, December 02, 2023
05:45 PM - 10:00 PM
Zilker Park, Austin, TX, USA
Walk or Run & Have Some Fun!
The Fun Run in Zilker Park throughout the Austin Trail of Lights in back! Be among the FIRST of the season to see the lights on Saturday, December 2, 2023.
Stroll, jog or run an untimed, 2 mile course – starting at the iconic Zilker Holiday Tree and moving through the beloved Austin Trail of Lights. Stick around for the ultimate Finish Line Festival – located in the heart of Zilker Park.
THE FUN RUN EXPERIENCE
- First look to the 2023 Austin Trail of Lights on Saturday, December 2, 2023
- 4 starting waves to fit your schedule
- Runner Wave - 5:45pm start time *SOLD OUT*
- Wave 1 - 6:00pm start time. *SOLD OUT*
- Wave 2 - 6:45pm start time
- Wave 3 - 7:45pm start time
- One (1) FREE* beer or cocoa after crossing the finish line
- Finish Line Festival and Expo access with fun activities and swag
- FREE photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, courtesy of Chuy's Tex-Mex
- Unique holiday photo ops
- Ferris Wheel and Carousel rides
- D.J. entertainment
- Food and beverages from food trucks and bars, available for purchase
- Commemorative long-sleeve 2023 Fun Run shirt included with registration! ** (Performance long-sleeve event t-shirt available for additional fee)
- VIP Lounge access for VIP registrants including access to any wave, complimentary food, drink tickets and more!
* Must be 21+ to consume alcohol
** T-shirt sizing is subject to availability for registrations made after 6:30pm on 11/26/23.
CHOOSE YOUR START TIME
NEW FOR 2023: Runner Wave – 5:45-6:00pm exclusive window
- Lead The Pack! Recommended for those looking to run the course.
WAVE 1 – 5:45pm start time
- Families with strollers will love our 6pm start option. Wave 1 starting line will remain open until 6:30pm, so get there early to experience all the fun.
WAVE 2 – 6:45pm start time
- This is a great option for families and friends alike. Wave 2 starting line will remain open until 7:30pm.
WAVE 3 – 7:45pm start time
- Make a night of it! Not too early. Not too late. Happy hour, then Fun Run... we don't judge! Wave 3 starting line will remain open until 9:00pm.
Wondering what is a "wave"? A wave is a designated window to start your Fun Run. Don't fret, if you miss your wave time, you can start in the next wave!
Adult registration is for anyone ages 12+. Children 11 and under are eligible for youth registration. Any children with feet on the ground will need a Youth Registration. Toddlers and infants in strollers are free. Complimentary t-shirts are only offered to paid registrants.
Run or walk in style with exclusive VIP Fun Run access! *SOLD OUT*
- VIP registration gives you access to ANY wave! Just show up!
- Early Packet Pick-Up access
- Admission to the exclusive VIP Lounge at the Finish Line Festival – with food, comfortable seating, beautiful holiday decorations and a private bar
- 2 Complimentary drink* tickets for adult VIP Fun Runners
- Hearty nacho bar for all VIP guests
- Complimentary hot cocoa & holiday cookies
- Complimentary t-shirt upgrade for Adults: Receive a performance long-sleeve event t-shirt with VIP Adult registration
*Must be 21+ to consume alcohol
Adult VIP registration is for anyone ages 12+. Youth VIP registrations are available for children 11 & under. Toddlers and infants in strollers may enter free and do not require registration. Complimentary event t-shirt not provided to free entrants.
PARKING PASSES & SHUTTLE TRANSPORTATION
Parking Passes are available per vehicle in advance, granting you access to onsite lot parking. Fun Run registrations DO NOT include onsite parking. Parking Passes do sell out quickly, so don’t wait to purchase parking!
Avoid driving to Zilker Park by purchasing a Shuttle pass online for Fun Run on Saturday, December 2nd. Take a shuttle South Austin directly to the Fun Run Starting Line. Shuttles will begin departing at 5:00pm from Toney Burger Event Center (3200 Jones Rd, Austin, TX 78745). (no shuttle from Republic Square on Sat 12/2).
· Shuttle fare is $8 per person. Children 2 and under on a lap and infants ride free.
· ADA accessible shuttles are available. Foldable strollers are permitted on shuttles.
· Free parking is available at the Burger Center.
If you plan to drive to the Austin Trail of Lights, we offer close-in, lot parking at Zilker Park available only with a pre-paid parking pass. There are a limited number of spots available each Fun Run wave and parking areas will be filled in order of arrival. All parking passes must be purchased in advance, online.
Parking Passes are sold specific to your Fun Run registration wave on 12/2/23:
- RUNNER & WAVE 1 PARKING: Lots will open for Runner Wave & Wave 1 at 5pm
- WAVE 2 PARKING: Lots will open for Wave 2 Fun Runners at 5:45pm
- WAVE 3 PARKING: Lots will open for Wave 3 Fun Runners at 7pm
In order to access Parking, do not use GPS directions, please follow the required driving route on the ticket, as street closures will be in effect.
FINISH LINE FESTIVAL (ONLY) PASS
Want the Fun without the Run? Finish Line Festival (only) Passes allow access to meet friends or family members after they cross the finish line on Saturday, December 2, 2023. Don't forget to bring a toy to the Chuy's tent to donate to Blue Santa!
- Access to Finish Line Festival and Expo through separate entry to enjoy entertainment with family and friends
- Cheer on friends & family at the start line
- Finish Line Festival ONLY tickets do not grant access to the Fun Run course route.
Finish Line Festival access opens at 5:45pm, and the entrance is located on Stratford Drive at Lou Neff Road. Finish Line Festival event ends promptly at 10pm.
Children ages 5 and under receive complimentary admission into the Finish Line Festival with a ticketed adult.
All Fun Run registrants receive a complimentary commemorative 2023 Austin Trail of Lights Fun Run long-sleeve cotton blend t-shirt included with event registration. After adding registrations to your cart, you will have an opportunity to upgrade to a performance long sleeve, for a $10 fee.
VIP Adult Registrants automatically receive a complimentary upgraded performance long-sleeve t-shirt option, included in registration costs. No upgrade necessary for Adult VIP registrants.
For registrations after 11/26/23, t-shirt inventory may be limited, and specific sizes may not be available. You will receive your event t-shirt at event Packet Pick-up. An alternative t-shirt pickup time will be open the week following the Fun Run.
TEAM PERKS (36+ registrants)
Show your holiday enthusiasm together and register as a team! Celebrate the holidays with your company, organizations, schools or friends.
Have a team of 36 or more? CONTACT US HERE coordinate large team benefits and registration
- Teams of 36+: Qualify for early Packet Pick-up, team name printed on Fun Run bib and on the back of event t-shirts*!
- Team members may register for any registration type (Adult, Youth, VIP Adult or VIP Youth). All team members must register for the SAME start time, or wave.
*All team members must register by 11/8/23 to have team name printed on shirt.
PACKET PICK-UP DETAILS:
PACKET PICK-UP HOURS:
- Wed, November 29, 11AM - 2PM ~ exclusive pick up for VIP purchasers + large teams
- Thur, November 30, 11AM - 7PM
- Fri, December 1, 11AM - 7PM
- Sat, December 2, 9AM - 1PM
PACKET PICK-UP LOCATION:
Zilker Park, near the Zilker Holiday Tree. Temporary complimentary parking will be available.
WHO CAN PICK UP?
ALL Fun Run registrants MUST attend Packet Pick-Up to receive your bib and event t-shirt before Packet Pick-Up closes at 2pm on December 2nd. Can’t make it yourself during scheduled pick-up hours? No sweat, a friend can pick up your packet for you! Just give them a copy of your registration "ticket" either as a printout or on their mobile device for scanning verification by our registration and packet pick-up staff.
Note: Your 2023 commemorative Fun Run shirt is not required on Saturday, December 2nd, however you must have your Fun Run bib for event participation and starting line access. Your bib is your ticket to entry.
WHAT TO BRING TO PACKET PICK UP
Bring a toy to donate to Blue Santa!
Please bring a photo ID, along with the mobile or printed version of your registration "ticket" from our partner, Ticketbud.
FUN RUN PRO TIPS FOR DECEMBER 2
- View helpful tips on the event, start times, parking and more HERE.
- Access to the Finish Line Festival in Zilker Park is included for ALL Fun Run registrants.
- Finish Line Festival (Only) Passes are still available and allow access for friends or family members to on Fun Runners and meet up at the finish line on Saturday, December 2, 2023. Then stay and enjoy music, dancing, the Finish Line Expo and more!
- Pets are not permitted. Event is Rain or Shine barring a city park closure.
SPREAD THAT HOLIDAY CHEER!
Yule be among the FIRST of the season to see the Austin Trail of Lights! Share this holiday activity with your friends and family. And let us know you're coming on our Facebook event page. Feel free to dress festive and show your spirit! Be sure to tag us @atxlights
OPERATION BLUE SANTA!
You can join us in making a difference by bringing monetary donations and new, unwrapped toys for Operation Blue Santa, both at the race and at your local Austin-area Chuy's.
In-store shopping not your thing? No worries! Chuy’s has made donating to Operation Blue Santa even easier with an Amazon wish list HERE. All you need to do is choose your favorite and it will be delivered to Chuy’s directly!
Prefer to make a monetary donation? Use the link HERE.
The Austin Trail of Lights Fun Run will take place rain or shine. There are no refunds or exchanges barring a city park closure. In the event of a city park closure, exchanges will be accommodated based on availability or refunds will be issued to ticket buyers.
Terms & Conditions:
2023 Austin Trail of Lights Fun Run participation is available with a required registration pass. No other type of transportation options permitted (such as bikes, scooters, etc). This event is Rain or Shine barring a city park closure. Pets are not permitted. Late arrivals can participate in the next available wave. Road closures and specific driving directions must be followed to properly access the Fun Run Parking and/or Fun Run Starting Line. This ticket grants a revocable license to the bearer and bearer may be removed at any time for any reason. Your event ticket is a revocable license for the event date/time listed. Management reserves the right without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject any person who fails to comply with the rules of the venue, local, state or federal law or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, or offensive by management.
Persons entering the facility are subject to search for contraband, alcohol, controlled substances, weapons, firearms, fireworks, video equipment, or professional recording devices, all of which are expressly forbidden, and subject to confiscation.
By completing this purchase and visiting the Austin Trail of Lights Fun Run, you, on behalf of yourself, any invitees, and ticket users, voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, or any other disease, and personal injury incidental to the event, whether occurring before, during, or after the event. Ticket purchaser/user bears all risks, including cancellation of the event, and of inclement weather. Passes lost or stolen cannot be replaced. The resale or attempted resale of this ticket at a price higher than that appearing on the ticket is prohibited and if discovered will result in the ticket being voided without refund. This ticket may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests and sweepstakes) or other trade purposes without the express written consent of Management. Rain policy: passes for outdoor events are purchased at risk of inclement weather.
In general, this ticket will not be replaced, refunded, or exchanged unless the event is cancelled due to an unforeseen city park closure.
As a condition of my ticket purchase and attendance participation for each ticket holder/user in the Event, you hereby grant Austin Trail of Lights, the Fun Run, the event director and host organizations a limited license to use my name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, video, biographical and other information (collectively, “Likeness”), in any media platform or format whatsoever, and to distribute, broadcast and exhibit these without charge, restriction or liability, but only for the purposes of advertising or promoting the Event. The foregoing grant, however, does not constitute consent for any third party to use my Likeness in an endorsement of any product or service without my specific written consent.
Optional Refundable Booking protection is available during the purchase process with our ticketing partner, Ticketbud, via “RefundProtect” for a nominal fee. Upgrade your booking and receive a 100% refund if you cannot attend for one of the reasons outlined below or for one of the many reasons outlined in the RefundProtect Terms and Conditions here, which you accept when you select a Refundable Booking at checkout. Sickness, Accident, Injury; Public transport failure; Private vehicle failure; Emergency services recall; Home emergency; Immediate relative sickness; Pre-existing medical conditions; and many more. If you are not interested in Refundable Booking, simply decline this offer during checkout. Note ticket purchases are non-refundable and non-exchangeable otherwise.
Ticket Sales Ended
No tickets are available for this event.